Typical Studebaker Front Fender Repair / 023
Ray-Lin Restoration

The application of body fillers............I don't use regular body-filler (Bondo) for the first putty-coat on these repairs. I use a product called USG Metal-Fill. There are similar products made by other companies. You can use POR-Putty from POR-15 vendors, FUSOR, Aluma-Fill II (Marson?), and several others... These products are stronger, and hold up better to moisture. *** there are additional pics below on this page!


After I am happy with the Metal-Fill, I re-prime with epoxy, and begin the plastic body filler.